For my graduation project I interned at Triangle Studios, due to an NDA I am not able to go fully into detail. For this project I worked on porting over a UI framework based on Unity GUI made by them over to Unity’s new UI Toolkit framework. For this I had to get accustomed to both their framework and UI Toolkit.
What I worked on:
- User acceptance tests
- Technical designs
Focus of the project:
- Working alone on a separate project for a company.
- Documenting and managing the whole project process.
- Working with brand new technology.
- Learning how an already existing framework works.
- Advising the company on a plan of action.
What I learned:
- Conducting user acceptance tests.
- Working with little documentation from Unity.
- Experimenting with brand new technology.
- How to communicate issues clearly to Unity’s developers and colleagues.