Santa Sleigher was a game I made in a team of 4 for the Yogscast Game Jam of 2020. For this jam I worked together with 1 programmer that I knew and 1 artist and 1 musician that I did not know. The theme of the jam was: “Surprise”. Santa Sleigher is a singleplayer top down shooter where you have to stop the evil santa from wrecking the local mall and ruining Christmas. It’s a surprise what kind of weapon you’ll pick up and santa being evil should also be a surprise. The game was made in Unity.
What I worked on:
- The design of the game.
- Programming most of the backend: presents and weapons.
- Fixing bugs after the jam and balancing everything better.
- Implementing the sound effects, soundtracks, art and code into the scenes.
Focus of the project:
- Design and create a game within 48 hours.
- Stick to a theme: “Surprise”.
- Work with people that you don’t know.
What I learned:
- Better planning skills.
- Working with strangers.